OAMRS Team Award
The Diagnostic Imaging Team was awarded the 2021 Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Sciences (OAMRS) Team Award. This incredible accomplishment was recognized by an award delivered to the Team in March 2021 and presentation at the OAMRS award gala, once the pandemic allows. This provincial award recognizes teams that embrace the spirit of collaboration; who work together to provide great patient care; and who made a significant contribution in enhancing the reputation, service and/or credibility of the organization through one or more of the following:
- Development of highly effective and efficient team;
- Creating a work environment that rewards collaboration and high team morale;
- Innovative Service;
- Development or implementation of successful program;
- Public Education;
- Public Outreach or volunteering;
- Patient care and experience;
- Promoting and raising the profile of the imaging professions.
Ontario Laboratory Accreditation
Laboratory Accreditation took place in November, 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the format of the assessment this year was virtual, not on-site. LACGH was the second Hospital in Ontario to complete its assessment in this mode. The team achieved 97% compliance with the standards – the Lab’s highest achievement to date.
Canadian Association of Radiologist’s Mammography Accreditation Program (CAR-MAP)
LACGH Diagnostic Imaging’s Mammography Department is happy to share that the CAR-MAP Accreditation review was a success and the Department is accredited for another year.
The CAR-MAP program was first instituted in Ontario over 20 years ago to ensure that the quality of mammography images meets the highest standards for patients. This voluntary program assesses a facility based on four areas of quality:
- Personnel Requirements: The right people to conduct a quality examination and oversee the rendering of optimal diagnostic images.
- Quality Control: The appropriate tests are completed through the implementation of a quality assurance program and monitored QC to ensure the acquisition and presentation of optimal quality medical images.
- Equipment Specifications: The right equipment operating in the manner it was intended.
- Breast Image Quality: A Systematic Image Assessment by a qualified reviewer, ensuring the facility regularly evaluates the quality of its diagnostic images and the associated radiation doses.
CAG Quality Endo Award
In recognition of the LACGH’s continued dedication to quality in endoscopy, through the Canada-Global Rating Scale (C-GRS), the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology (CAG) presented LACGH with a 2019 gold sticker to append to our initial 2018 Recognition Award.