LACGH Supportive Living facility is a senior’s residential housing complex located in a hospital owned building adjacent to the LACGH. The newly constructed complex contains individual apartments with ample common space for socializing. The Supportive Living facility is co-located in a medical and services building which includes a pharmacy, hearing clinic, dentist office, physiotherapy clinic, LifeLabs, and physician offices.
The facility contains nineteen (19) one-bedroom suites and one (1) studio suite at an average size of 620 square feet. Units are unfurnished with utilities included. The kitchenette space will be equipped with a fridge, microwave, dishwasher and stove. In addition to the private suites, there will be a number of common areas including an activities room and Media room suitable for larger gatherings, as well as two social lounges. Coin operated laundry facilities are available in each wing. The facility is ground level, fully accessible with personal outside patio space for most units.
Resident supports will take a variety of forms and vary in intensity based on the people’s unique needs. The space is designed for seniors with complex needs who meet pre-established criteria. Eligibility assessments will be conducted by Home and Community Care, LACGH social work and the Supportive living manager. The goal is to create space that provides clinical and non clinical services that are custom designed to foster personal development and autonomy. Residents will be actively engaged in decision making regarding available services and the goals of care.
Who is eligible for Supportive Living?
Each potential resident will be assessed using a customized Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) assessment by Home and Community Care based on the following assessment criteria:
- Eligible for OHIP coverage
- Independent with finances or requiring assistance from a Power of Attorney
- Mobilize independently, with cane, walker or self-propelled wheelchair
- Requires scheduled support for activities of daily living
- Does not present any behavioural issues such as wandering, verbal or physical abuse, sexually inappropriate behaviour or disrobing
- Client memory allows for independent or modified independence
- No pets
What is included in the rental cost?
- All units are unfurnished and contain a kitchenette equipped with a fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and stove.
- Coin operated laundry facilities are available in each wing.
- The facility is ground level, fully accessible with personal outside patio space for most units.
- Utilities: Wireless internet, heat, air conditioning, water, hydro, sewer and trash removal
- Access to on site recreation areas including
- Activity room
- Large Screen television lounge
- Lounge with fireplace
- Access to an on-site leisure activity coordinator and personal support services.
- Opportunity to purchase additional support services (For example: deep cleaning)
What additional measures and precautions are being taken during the COVID-19 pandemic?
As we continue to live through unprecedented times, we are committed to assessing every risk and adhering to all provincial, regional and federal orders, restrictions, safety measures and recommendations. Staff and Residents in the Supportive Living complex will follow Public Health Ontario guidelines for Congregate Living Settings.