At Lennox & Addington County General Hospital we understand that effective health care delivery depends on an atmosphere of trust between patients and caregivers. You can trust that we:
- Respect your right to access your personal health information
- Respect your right to request correction of incomplete or inaccurate information contained in your health record and
- Respect your right to have your personal health information kept confidential
Personal Health Information Means identifying information related to:
- Your physical or mental health
- Providing health care to you
- Identification of your substitute decision maker
- Your health card number
- Other information included in your health record
If, while an in-patient, you would like to access your health record, ask one of your care providers to arrange a time to review your entire record with you. If you would like to have access to your record following discharge or wish to obtain a copy, please contact our Health Records Department at 613-354-3301, Ext. 214.
If you believe that the personal health information we have recorded about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact your care provider or write to our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 613-354-3301, Ext. 214
Your name and location in the Hospital is provided to people who inquire about you. If you do not want this information released, tell the staff member registering you or contact the Privacy Officer at 613-354-3301, Ext. 214.
Your name and location in the Hospital is provided to clergy of your faith who may visit with you. If you do not want a visit, simply do not provide us with your religion during the admitting process.