Our Hospital is committed to putting patients and their families first and that means viewing the health care experience through their eyes. The Patient & Family Advisory Council (PFAC) was established in 2015 and represents the voice of our patients and their families.
The unique experience, insights and perspectives of these individuals who volunteer their time, are valuable to improve care. The Council participates as a partner with the hospital to ensure that the needs and priorities for patient and family centered care are considered and incorporated into matters that impact patients and their families.
Council members rotate every two years to broaden perspective and input. Members are selected in a way that brings diverse elements of the community to the group.
What do Patient & Family Advisors do?
- Review and provide feedback on items referred to the Council.
- Participate as partners in the planning of new programs.
- Partner on committees, task forces, and working groups as required.
- Advise and share information on patient and family centered care practices.
- Provide opportunities for Health Care Providers to listen to their patients and residents.
- Provide direct input into policies, programs and practices which affect the patient experience.
- Review patient feedback and advocate on behalf of the patient.
- Please review our brochure to find out more about becoming a member of our Patient & Family Advisory Council
Contact Erin Brown at email@example.com if you would like more information.